Wednesday, May 9, 2007

CSS square 8" Let's make love with DFA


Supposedly this comes out May 18th? It's on square vinyl, and I don't own a square record, flexi discs don't count, so this would be pretty amazing. I know it sounds like I don't even care that it's CSS, but I do. So far I am not completely sick of that song yet. I think they got something really right there, straddling that line between too dancey and rock. There's also just something fun, they aren't taking this too seriously, you couldn't have a title like that without being funny. At first I thought it was a gimmick but after one listen, it wasn't like anything else going on.
The DFA breakdown homage part is so good.
Is this worth it for the BBC session? It's tough but square trumps already heard I think.
I don't know if that image is the 8" or not, someone please let me know....

CSS - LET?S MAKE LOVE AND LISTEN TO DEATH FROM ABOVE
Ltd Ed Square 8" single: A) Let's Make Love And Listen To Death From Above, B) Pretend We're Dead (BBC Session)

No comments:

Post a Comment